Below are the answers to the most frequently asked questions about this MOOC.
There are two possible registration process, depending on whether you already have an ECMWF account or not:
- If you already have an ECMWF account, you can go to https://lms.ecmwf.int and login with your ECMWF credentials. You will then be redirected to the MOOC platform (Moodle).
- If you do not have an ECMWF account, you can create one for free by clicking on “Register” on this page: https://lms.ecmwf.int. You will be redirected to the registration form. Fill it in. You will then receive a confirmation email with a link to the MOOC platform. Click on “Login” and that’s all, you are now registered.
Anyone interested in both machine learning and weather & climate may follow this MOOC and learn new and exciting things.
Whether you are a student seeking to complete your curriculum, a policy-maker searching for information on the subject or a contractor wanting to keep yourself updated, this MOOC may very well be of interest to you.
This MOOC is separated in three tiers, each more in more depth than the previous one, so depending on your interest and knowledge, you may want to complete the whole programme or partially:
- Tier 1 only requires you to have interest in the subjects of machine learning and weather & climate.
- For tier 2, you will need to complete tier one, and to either know or be willing to learn how to use Jupyter Notebook or have a basic understanding of machine learning and Earth system science.
- And finally, for tier 3, you will either need to follow the previous two tiers or have an already existing background in Machine Learning and Earth science system.
Yes, this MOOC is entirely free of charge, from registration to certification.
Certifications are issued by the University of Luxembourg Competence Centre.
There will be 3 attendance certificates – one upon completion of each tier. Overall, to be eligible to get an attendance certificate, you should have completed the compulsory modules.
A final Certificate of Completion will also be delivered to those who were eligible for the 3 certificates of attendance.
All certificates will be generated via Moodle, using the data collected from your activity on the platform. Only digital certificates will be issued.
There are different points of contact, according to the subject:
- If you have a technical issue with the MOOC platform, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you have a question about the content of the course or an issue with the forum, please contact: email@example.com
- Finally, if you have a personal data-related query, please contact our Data Protection Officer: firstname.lastname@example.org